Friday, March 20, 2020

COVID-19 Virus (Social Story)

Dear Parents,

The short social story below was shared by one our CBE colleagues to help ease the anxieties and present the COVID-19 Virus in a child friendly manner. I thought it might be helpful to post this story along with the author's personal message.

Dear families and educator all over the world, 
I have created this short book to support and reassure our children, under the age of 7, regarding the COVID-19. This book is an invitation for families to discuss the full range of emotions arising from the current situation. It is important to point out that this resource does not seek to be a source of scientific information, but rather a tool based on fantasy. My recommendation is to print this material so children can draw on it. Remember that emotions are processed through repetitive play and stories read multiple times. Share COVIBOOK and help ease kiddo's anxiety all over the world. 
With love,
Manuela Molina - the author



If you would like to have your children listening to books online, an excellent CBE recommended website to visit is:

TumbleBooks

I hope you are all enjoying this sunny weather on the first full day of spring🌞🌞

Bye for now,
Ms. Defoe

P.S. - I was able to reach my goal of making one hundred words using the letters in SPRING BREAK. I'm wondering how many each of you made. I'll have to share my list next week 😊😊😊

No comments:

Post a Comment